Thursday, June 3, 2010

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

I just rather thought it would be later. Much later.

Last night I went to Jack-in-the-Box to get a couple of Diet Cokes...

Girl #1 (high school age): "That will be $4.69 please."

Girl #2 (1st year college): Making the drinks, squeals, "Hi-i! I haven't seen you for awhile!"

Me: "Hi! Nice to see you."

Girl #1: Shaking her head, "She's such a Chatty Cathy tonight."

Me: smiles

Girl #1: Rolling her eyes, "She doesn't even know what that means."

Me: Still smiling, eyebrows raise, thinking "No, honey, you don't even know what that means."

Girl #1: Turns to Girl #2, "A Chatty Cathy is a nickname for someone who talks a lot."

Me: To Girl #1 when she hands me my drinks, "Actually, a Chatty Cathy was a doll. You'd pull the string on her back and she'd say lots of things. I think I had one. And that's where the nickname came from."

Girl #1: With an incredulous look, turns to Girl #2 and says, "Did you hear what she just said? In the Olden Days they had these dolls...."

Girl #2: Looks at me, eyes huge, slaps her hand over her mouth stifling a horrified snort/gasp

Me: Not bothering to stifle the horrified snort/gasp or the huge eyes, says, "Just because of that, next time I'm going to make you give me the senior discount!"

Girl #1: "Oh I'm so sorry! I didn't give you the senior discount!" Turns to Girl #2, "I feel so bad. She's supposed to have the senior discount and I didn't give it to her."

Me: "Ohmygosh."

Girl #2: "Ohmygosh is right."




2 comments:

tipi tai said...

hahahaha, so funny. i say take the discount if you can get it.

Suzie said...

and this is one of the many reasons i love bonnie. :)