Monday, August 17, 2009

Random Stuff

I adore Eric Carle, and I adore that he has a blog:
We got to spend some time (not nearly enough) with Dave yesterday. Hamill visits always help get the laundry pile on the guestroom bed folded, which is always a very good thing! (So if you want to come for a visit, better come quick while the bed is still empty. And if you're a Hamill... I won't have to change the sheets!)


I’m currently caught up in an intense Harry Potter trivia challenge with a diabolical 6th grade teacher, who had me searching the books for hours looking for Olivander’s first name (he has none). But I’m getting even with questions such as: Where does Bungy the budgie live? What is the Ice Mice slogan? and Who is Orla Quirke?

Our adopted stray cat (the one we’d spent $150 on vet bills) ditched us for the neighbors who started feeding it shrimp. I think they owe me $150.

And my darling sister stepped on a cactus (this is what happens when you wear sandals in the dark in Arizona) and broke her toe. And now her foot looks like this:

5 comments:

Dave said...

My visit with you was the most relaxing and enjoyable of the weekend. Visiting with you and Bob was great and watching TV with you and Doug and Tim was fun!

Sorry about the cat. I guess he fired you for poor performance. Bosses do that to staff. No refund on the $150 but you are off of the hook for the next go around.

tipi tai said...

the cat really ditched you? I imagine this will make for some awkward moments with your neighbors.

Suzie said...

Well... yes, the cat ditched us. But if the neighbors want to pay for his arthritis medication every month, they certainly can. (And frankly, Katie and Shadow weren't too fond of him anyway). Besides... I think he had fleas.

Dave said...

When I was there, there were no bunnies! Where were the bunnies???

Suzie said...

Hopping down the bunny trail?