Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Do Ewe Knit?

My sister does.


In fact, she and her friend
taught themselves by watching videos on youtube!

Apparently, they've gotten so good, that they can knit with an accent! (It's very European).

And now the best part of all... (and I want to be there for this)... they can have parties and
make new friends and spin old yarns while cozily knitting the afternoon away.

They can call themselves Chix with Stix... or... wait for it....the Knit Wits!

They can
use this invitation tag attached to a small ball of yarn wrapped in cellophane. They can serve Knitting Needle Kabobs, Mitten Sandwiches, Purl Punch, and these groovy yarn cupcakes.

I'm not jealous. I've tried to knit in the past (and have been asked not to by the Safety Inspector General). I just know they'll have some knitty-gritty fun!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Boy, what I would give to have you here in our ward when it comes time to plan our RS events!

I know that you can knit, too. Your fingers fly so fast over the keyboard after all those years of transcribing, just think of how fast you could whip up some cute little socks. Or hats. Or blankets, for the adorable babies in your life.

And think of all the times that we have found ourselves in stitches over the last several years as we have woven through life with our families.

Ahh yes, you should take up knitting. It is soothing. Good for the soul and all that. I know you want to.

I've got to go now. I am almost to the end of my first project and I need to go find the clip that will teach me how to cast off!

TucsonBrowns said...

Your words are too witty. Just note my appreciation, admiration, and smile. Personally, I like Chix with Stix.