Thursday, March 11, 2010

Working hard....

Or is that hardly working?

My day went something like this:

I had three classes in the library today, one 1st grade class, one Kindergarten class, and the Special Day Class.

I had quite a lengthy deep philosophical discussion with a 1st grade boy about the existence of leprechauns, and assuming there truly were leprechauns, whether or not the tiny door that suddenly appeared in the 'tree' behind my chair belonged to the same leprechaun, or elf, or sprite, or gnome that showed up unexpectedly (and similarly disappeared) last year, and whether or not we felt knocking would be appropriate (after all, the light did appear to be on suggesting he was home).

I
read the delightful story, Leprechauns Never Lie, using my very best Irish brogue, which Tim says is embarrassing, but I think I've got a gift and he's full of blarney. Besides. The kids don't know the difference.

I had another discussion with my Kindergarten friend, Aiden, who is very excited because next year he gets to make a leprechaun trap in 1st grade, and don't I think it'll be a good idea if he brings i
t in the library so we can catch one?



After work I headed over to Sam's Club, where my Visiting Teacher discovered me in the pet food aisle, and "killed two birds with one stone." . . _ . . . . . . _ . _ . _ . . _ _ _ . . . . . . _ . _ _ . . _ . . . . _ _ . . _ _ . . _ . . _ _ _ . . _ . . . _ .

(My sister will be proud. I didn't say anything derogatory about Visiting Teaching. However, that is Morse code for "Help.
I think I'm being ripped off.")


After that, I headed home to my desk to work for my other boss, whereupon I was distracted by just about everything.

I considered starting my treadmill routine and wondered where my walking shoes were. Alarmed at the prospect, I followed some sage advice and quickly lay down until the urge to exercise passed.

My bedroom boasts a wondrous new addition, and from my bed I have a perfect 42" LCD view of Emma, which I watched
until the natives became restless, at which time I provided my family with a delicious and healthy home cooked meal sustenance.

The rest of my night will most likely find me happily engrossed in this, or this, and ending with this.

Which brings me back to "working hard?" I'd say it's nice work if you can get it!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Love, love, love your office picture and the one of your school.

I've also been up and down the Blarney Tree with little minds over those same green issues. Our wee folk liked to live in the air-conditioner vent that was just above my desk. I'll work up the scenerio in a day or two. watch for it.

I really want to come and watch yout TV. Who is there with you most of the time? Katie or Shadow?

Gotta run . . have Visiting Teaching Interviews in an hour and need to press my tablecloth.

Suzie said...

ah. the air conditioner vent. that's where little bat lives. he can listen to the stories there until certain changes (fall/halloween) in the room let him know it's safe to come out to see the pictures for awhile (he thinks people will think he's just a decoration).

my tv.... well, shadow doesn't jump that high anymore unless bob lifts her up. So it's katie who is into emma. actually... i really don't have that much time to watch it! just knowing it is there is enough.

VT interviews. with tablecloths. you're good.

Carrie said...

Love the Sams Club/VTing!!