Little Daylan checked out a book yesterday… all about sea turtles. “Mrs. Lundberg? Wanna know why I’m checking out another book about the sea?”“Why’s that, Daylan?”
“Cause I’m gonna read it to Hush.”
“Hush?”
“Yeah. He’s my goldfish.”
“And you’re going to read him a story?”
“Yeah. I figure since he’s from the ocean, he’d like that.”
“Hush is a lucky fish.”
“Yeah.”
I just can’t seem to resist the urge to write a children’s book about Daylan and Hush. I already know the last word.
Flush.
7 comments:
...and rush.
I like that you have these conversations.
Rush? I don't get it.
...it all rhymes with hush and flush.
Ah. So it could go something like....
"and so ends the tale of daylan and hush. time has marched on, there's no need to rush. the fish is dead... it's time to flush."
i like this idea. you should go with it!
that is so funny. Goldfish aren't from the ocean.
You gave my before bidtime chuckle!
Post a Comment