Roaming around in facebook yesterday, I came across a face I'd not seen for many, many years. Tall. Dark. Handsome. My mom leaned over to me during Sacrament meeting one Sunday and said, "He thinks he's God's gift to women." Being a typical teenage girl, I silently thought to myself, "Yes, perhaps he is." (Unfortunately, he had an irksome habit of chewing and snapping gum continuously. But, we were talking about God's gift. And one learns to forgive these things). I leaned over to my mom and said, "Let's call him the sexy gum chewer." So from that day on, Tall, Dark, and Handsome became the Sexy Gum Chewer. That is until yesterday. Now he's just.... old. It was rather depressing.
The driving compulsion to write; the overwhelming urge to write. Hypergraphia may compel someone to keep a voluminous journal, to jot off frequent letters to the editor, to write on toilet paper if nothing else is available, and perhaps even to compile a dictionary. Hypergraphia is the opposite of writer's block.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Bubblicious
Roaming around in facebook yesterday, I came across a face I'd not seen for many, many years. Tall. Dark. Handsome. My mom leaned over to me during Sacrament meeting one Sunday and said, "He thinks he's God's gift to women." Being a typical teenage girl, I silently thought to myself, "Yes, perhaps he is." (Unfortunately, he had an irksome habit of chewing and snapping gum continuously. But, we were talking about God's gift. And one learns to forgive these things). I leaned over to my mom and said, "Let's call him the sexy gum chewer." So from that day on, Tall, Dark, and Handsome became the Sexy Gum Chewer. That is until yesterday. Now he's just.... old. It was rather depressing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I read this earlier today and of course have been hoping that it would all come together as the day wore on. Not so. What?? Who?? Whose mother??
You said the word "sexy" to Grandma!?!
Yes, well...she's used the word herself on occasion.
a shocker....
Post a Comment