Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Ring of Truth

My sisters lost her diamond ring
Once or twice I think.
In fact the latest time
Was Wednesday of last week.

She’s lost it in her classroom.
She’s lost it in the sink.
She’s lost it in the bathroom drawer.
And even in the sheets.

My favorite was the day
We heard the cellphone ring.
We were on our way to Utah
And heard the craziest thing.

Seems Doug was on his way outside
Something shiny caught his eye.
He picked it up and placed a call
The words were something like…

Are you missing something special?
Something precious, gold, and round?
What are you implying?

My ring is safe and sound!

Are you sure you know right where it is
Your special wedding band?
Yes it’s safely in my pocket!
No its not, he said. It’s safely in my hand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Priceless, Suzie. You should publish.

Suzie said...

I know. Sometimes I slay myself.

Diane said...

That was one of my favorite car trips! Alas, you speak the truth. But my ring always comes back to me!