Sunday, December 21, 2008

Next Year

Next year I'm going to put a Spoon Tree on my kitchen island. How adorable is that? I've got the trees, I've got the old silver spoons, I've got the ribbons and berries. The only thing I lack this year is the time!

And look at this gorgeous place setting.
I love it. It's simple and elegant. In fact... I've got the china, I've got the goblets and silver compotes, I've got the linens, and I've even got that same sterling silver pattern. This table practically screams my name. Next year.

And since apparently I'll have all this extra time on my hands Next Year... I'll needlepoint these darling stocking silverware holders.

But, to be quite honest, simply looking at these pictures is good enough for me. Because I'd rather spend my time, this year and next, hanging out with my family, taking drives to see the lights, playing endless games of dominoes, laughing, watching movies, relaxing, and making memories.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Suzie, I think your calling in life is to become a Christmas Decoration Consultant.Decorate other peoples homes for fun and profit!
Great post. Great photos. Great writing! Personally, I can be content to just look.

Diane said...

I have a great idea .... let's have a contest and see how many needlepoint stockings you can get done in the time it takes me to read Harry Potter?

Ready? GO! (he, he)

Suzie said...

Ohhhh no. I'm done having contests with You. My garage is CLEAN as a whistle and you're still on chapter 1 of the first book!!!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I love the comments between you and Diane! Ya'll are too funny!
And Dave is right...you should be a Christmas Decorator Consultant. Can I be your first client?????
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
I've enjoyed all of your Christmas ideas and pictures!