Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Gimme head with hair
Long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming,
Streaming, flaxen, waxen...

Let it fly in the breeze
And get caught in the trees
Give a home to the fleas in my hair
A home for fleas
A hive for bees
A nest for birds
There ain't no words
For the beauty, the splendor, the wonder
Of my...

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair

2 comments:

Diane said...

It took me a moment to really get this on more than one level! Really a good one!

Dave said...

LOL! I remember listening to this song many times before I got all of the lyrics. I laughed at it then and I do now. However, as much as I enjoy the song I don't regret not having the hair to go with it.

Love your writing!!