A day or two before Halloween:
Suzie: Do you think you'll have enough candy?
Diane: Oh yes. We've got 100 pieces.
Suzie: Oh. That's all?
Diane: That's alot!
Suzie: You'd better go get more. I've got like 500 pieces. At least. You've got to count for snitching. And possibly people you know. Like the kid next door. You can't just give them one skimpy piece of candy.
Halloween night.... sounds of doorbells ringing:
Suzie: Did you get more candy?
Dave: No. We've got 100 pieces! And it's KitKats. Everyone loves KitKats.
Suzie: Oh. Well, good luck with that.
Dave: We'll have plenty.
Suzie: If you say so. I've got 500 pieces. At least.
20 minutes later....
Diane: Dave's gone to get more candy.
Suzie: Ha!
Cell phone rings... talking to Diane in my left ear and Dave in my right:
Dave: Well, you're right. I'm on my way to buy more candy.
Diane: He says he hates it when you're right.
Suzie to Dave: Told you so.
Diane: I've had to turn away 25 kids since he's been gone.
Dave returned home with 80 more pieces, and the Hamills ran out of candy again. The Lundbergs had about 350 pieces leftover. At least. Don't tell Dave.
2 comments:
So funny! Bonnie and I bought about 80 pieces of candy, and we ended up with 78 left over! That's right, two trick-or-treaters all night.
It really was a fun night. We had one 3 year old who needed to visit the powder room. We were pretty impressed that there was not really any trash around in the morning. Just one tootsie roll wrapper and about 6 inches of silly string. Thumbs up to the parents of the trick-or-treaters.
Post a Comment