So here's your challenge....(and NO CHEATING)... I want to know where Kiss Me Kate originates (and no, it's not a song from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers). I'm not rolling my eyes. I promise. (coughing fit).
Ready?
Hint #1: The cast includes someone ~ who starred in our favorite of all time, Lost Horizon (please tell me you remember that one....you know... "The world is a circle without a beginning, and nobody knows where it really ends...." ~ BOBBY VAN.
No?
Hint #2: Cole Porter had quite a bit to do with this.
I'll just move on. Shall I?
Hint #3: There's dancing.
Hint #4: And singing.
Hint #5: "Wunderbar"
Nothin?
Hint #6: You'd better brush up your Shakespeare...
(sigh)
Hint #7: It's one of my all time favorites. FAVORITES.
Hint #8:

You still don't know... do you.
I need Tylenol....
19 comments:
You know that I love Host Horizon, in fact, I introduced it to you! However, I have to admit that I am clueless. Peter Finch, Liv Ullmann? Most things that we love include singing and dancing so those aren't really clues that count. Wunderbar? German? I just don't know. I need better clues.
Okay....
Clue #9
It's a musical adaption of something.
Clue #10
Here's a quote...
Baptista: Wonder of wonders, a gentleman in Verona desires you in marriage.
Lilli Vanessi: Then he best go back there.
Final clue...
Clue#11:
Another song title from the show is "I Hate Men".
Now go back and Carefully look at ALL the clues...
There are a couple of really HUGE clues there...
Yes, but if I don't know, I just don't know! Sigh. This is like that sone game we played in the car on that road trip!
song, I meant to write. I need to learn to proof-read!
okay... more clues. You Do know this, by the way.
Clue #12:
-See clue #6...
Final Clue:
-quote: Lilli Vanessi: Do you really think *I* could play the shrew?
Fred Graham: You'd make a perfect shrew!
I'm so proud of you for not googling this!!! :)
Shrew? Lew?? (Woops, sorry about that.)Who is Lilli Vanessi? Maybe this will come to me in the night.
I'm just laying my head down right here on my desk. I'll be okay. I think.
Shakespeare's TAMING OF THE SHREW
It is structured as a play within a play, where the interior play is a musical version of The Taming of the Shrew.
Have you never seen it? We'll watch it when you come. This will be very exciting for you! :) If you think you can stay awake that is...
Now, please don't take this the wrong way, but I think we should just let the shrew remain exactly where it is!
If you had given me a little time to even see this post I would have guessed it for you! I've never seen Kiss Me, Kate but I saw Taming of the Shrew in London a couple years ago.
Hrmph. Hannah, my favorite newest niece will watch it with me. Won't you Hannah. (Say yes!)
I knew before you gave the clues!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT MOVIE!
Except I grew up on the one with Richard Burton and Elizabeth. I watched it in my English Humanaties class when I was in the 10th grade! OH I loved that movie!
Your sister...is she alive? I haven't heard from her since Saturday!
She told me you come to my page, LEAVE ME A MESSAGE! :-)
Enter the contests! You never know when you might win something!
I am still not getting it. Can you leave a better clue?? You remember that I am not good at Shakespeare. This is taxing!
Oy.
I have no words.
None.
I think I need air.
I'm renaming this post:
Taming of the CLUE
I have totally exposed myself now. You know, it took all of my temple honor and strength not to Google this answer. Some things are just not mine to know, I guess. We must be from different generations, wait, that would be wrong. See, you have me all confused. But I DO know musicals. I was in Broadway Review. Many times! Like 'Goodbye, Mr. Chips', or 'Tom Sawyer', that irresponsible child, uncouth, irreverent, wild.....I could go on. 'Fiddler On the Roof', now there's a musical!
Different generations?! This is a show (the movie) from 1953!
(And Taming of the Shrew is circa 1590 -- now That's a different generation!)
I am sure, that if you could just hear a few of the songs, you'd recognize them immediately.
And by the time you leave here in July (or August... can you stay through August?), you'll know them by heart. This is Way better than High School Musical. Pretty much. ;)
How could I have neglected to mention that 'Cinderella' is also a great musical! Ten Minutes Ago I saw you, you looked up when I camt through the door.....
Bliss. I love that one. Love it.
Post a Comment