Friday, June 20, 2008

A Little Spittle

Letters to Tracy (part III)

Tracy, Tracy, Tracy,

Almost forgot to tell you the funniest story of the night... (Only I thought so. Suzie is on antibiotics)

Scene 1 Act 1

We are at the show and it is Cabaret seating. At our table a very nice man sits down (also at our table is Johnny's ex, Joanna Carson, or as we call her, 'the non clapper'), he turns out to be John, Michael’s gardener (I guess they keep the cheap help at the same table in case we discuss salaries.) (FYI, Michael must have liked the Walton's because guess who sat two tables ahead of us?) (One more FYI, John Boy doesn't have to pay much for his pants to be tailored and why do I know this, you ask??? He's not very tall.) (One last FYI… we have not had a lot of sleep in the last few days and are very, very, very tired... we think we are extremely funny, so when we recover from jet lag and the like... don't tell us we weren't. Because we are sending in these letters and our resume's to the writing staff of Frazier. Speaking of Frazier, David Hyde Pierce is one of Michael’s neighbors and John the gardener worked for them...which luckily brings me to my point.)

We were chatting it up with John (Suzie was trying to explain to John about redesigning the yard)... when John inadvertently (or not) spit a bead of spittle (or as I call it, "John's Little Spittle") on Suzie’s bottom lip. Of course, I couldn't see it. But Suzie, ever the hypochondriac, carefully wipes off her lip for the next 2-1/2 hours. When we got to the car... (scene 1 act 2) Suzie went hysterical because, as the songwriter wrote, "You never know the power of a little spittle."

(curtain goes down)

7 comments:

Diane said...

I am rolling.
! Yes, this is great. I DO know these stories and I DO know these people. I am so happy for the picture!

Keep them coming. (Will our blog readers "get" how it is that you know MF so well?)

Can't wait till you get to the Judge Judy and Nancy Regan story, I was there for those. But my tour of the house was barely 45 minutes, I didn't get the 3 hour version. Well, she knew I was a temporary.

(I guess I should have made her that quilt, huh?)

Suzie said...

and my Eyes are rolling. ha. now you're just Humoring me! ;)

Suzie said...

The Judy and Nancy stories... hmmmm.... well, there are just some things that fit into the "if I told you, I'd have to kill you" category.... or the "if I told you, they'd probably kill Me" category.

sue said...

Well, you know darn well I'll comment on these postings! I know these stories too, but I could hear them over and over and they still crack me up!

I DON'T know the Judge Judy and Nancy Regan stories. Suzie, are you holding out on me???

Suzie said...

I'm not even sure 'I' know the Nancy story! I'm pretty sure I've never met her.

Diane said...

Remember the day we were at the pool? She was coming to dinner either that night or it had just been the night before.

And I am serious, I am enjoying Tracy's Letters.

Suzie said...

oooohhh yeah. i forgot about that. i think she (nancy) had dinner there the night before.