Wednesday, June 4, 2008

You can't judge a book by it's cover

Or so they say. But I've always hated the cover art for the Twilight series. In fact, it kept me from reading the books until the 3rd one came out. And the cover of Breaking Dawn isn't exactly winning me over either.

I just don't get it. None of the artwork of the first three seems to correlate with the stories... unless I'm missing something (which is quite possible)... but a flower? A shredded ribbon? An apple? And now a chess board (which of the four, has the most potential for making sense).

But all this being said, it's true. You really can't judge a book by its cover. I thoroughly enjoyed the Twilight series, and while I'm not going to stand in line at midnight to get this highly anticipated tome, I will be reading it soon thereafter!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

I read something once about why she chose those...the symbolism was abstract enough that I forgot what they stand for. The fraying ribbon made the most sense, I remember. When is the 4th out? I need a good library book that won't be checked out. The last few I've read have been House of 1000 Suns, a mystery, and one of my chick lits. Recommend one.

Diane said...

I have been falling asleep lately and can't read at night anymore. It feels somehow wrong to read during the day but I just might need to start!

Suzie said...

@Bonnie: I think Breaking Dawn is out August 2nd...

Have you read her new one: The Host? I bought it and loaned it out twice already -- haven't read it myself yet. But I've read that many really like it.

I'm currently searching for a new book to read too. Something easy. I don't want to have to think.

@Diane: I completely understand. Remember...I've seen you fall asleep mid sentence, standing up and trying on new clothes, watching movies, while I'm talking... ;)

Diane said...

I think you need to get your manuscript into a publisher! There are readers waiting out there!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

My twin is now reading these books. My nieces and girls are all reading them. I can't seem to get into them! Are they really that good?

Suzie said...

They are really that good. :)