...comes tomato soup. It's a staple. You have to. Even if you don't particularly like tomato soup.
And it's raining all week here. Papa loved tomato soup. Tomato soup and burned toast. But he also loved to mix soups. Did you know that? He'd mix gumbo with just about anything in the cupboard. And it wasn't half bad.
2 comments:
Again, love your new look.
It rained here today, too. I thought of tomato soup and how Dad would crumble the saltines into his soup and then rub his fingers.
Rain. I love the smell.
I got a soup mix for ya!
When I was about 12 or 13, maybe younger, it doesn't really matter, cause that's not what this is about, except for you to know that I wasn't a know it all teenager brat-yet,-okay back to the story, my mom was gone somewhere around lunch time-they'd had a fight-I do remember that part cause my twin and I were across the street at a friend's house on her screened in porch and heard my parents yelling and saw my mom peel off-okay back to story-so dad's home cooking 'lunch' for us!
He took a can of cream of mushroom soup and mixed kidney beans in it-juice and all. Yeah, we had sardines and cracker-oh yeah and a salad of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers with Italian dressing on it! BOY were we eating HIGH class!
Ever had that soup before? LOL
Post a Comment