Monday, January 12, 2009

When Seasons Collide

It seems fall really kicked into gear the day the big tree left the house. That was two weeks ago. Now there's not much left of either tree. One is probably mulch, and one is winter bare. Except it was 83 degrees today and the air conditioner clicked on. I suppose that means the holidays are truly over.

So tonight I took down the cave tree. Shadow's tree still stands proudly lit in the family room. Until tomorrow. It's time. (Okay, so it's past time. Don't judge me. I've had a lot going on!)

But as late going as I am getting the house finally purged of Christmas, I am rather proud of myself. Next year's Christmas cards are completely ready to go! Signed, sealed, and addressed. (The fact that they were this year's cards that I never got around to mailing is completely beside the point).

1 comment:

Diane said...

I wish winter was over because I am FREEZING!! My bed is the best place to be because it is warm.

I know Shadow loves her tree so it is good to keep it up the longest.

Hope you are feeling better!