There are all sorts of magnets, but I recently realized that my sister is a kid magnet. Kids love her. Kids she doesn't even know love her. We were in church yesterday and Diane was in the aisle seat. A little girl, about 6 or 7 years old, was walking past before church started and stopped. She turned around and came and stood right next to her and smiled and shyly said, "Hi". Then awhile later it happened again with another kid! This one waved and smiled and came over just to peer at her and smile again! It could have been her shoes that attracted them (Keena, she was wearing these great classic lined, heeled pumps, squared pointed toe... red!), but I think rather there's just something about her that kids love. She and MaryBeth used to take walks at night where they were besieged with children waving and smiling and calling out, "Mrs. Hamill! Hi Mrs. Hamill!" MaryBeth would say, "It's like walking along the Walk of Fame with you!" It's no wonder she was such a fantastic teacher. And I think she'll be the World's Best Grandma.
1 comment:
Those little girls were just sniffing out the nuts in my purse! Maybe it was a fast Sunday kind of a thing. It was pretty funny, though.
I think that more than the little ones were checking out my shoes!
Post a Comment