Monday, February 18, 2008

The Beginning of A Great Week

Uncle Del arrived yesterday. What a long flight adventure he had! (And his version of said adventure is vastly entertaining!) He reminds me of Dad in so many ways... one in particular is that he's a creature of habit. He'd been in the house for only a few moments before he'd changed his clothes, claimed his chair, his foot rest, his down blanket, and awaited his tomato soup! He and the boys have been hard at work on their project today and are currently hanging out somewhere in the wilds of Corona (probably in a booth at Panera), discussing business ventures and the glory days of Old Hollywood.

On an even happier note... I'm through with jury duty! Not that I mind doing my civic duty, but twice in a year?

And on the down side of things, tomorrow I turn old. I know. It's true though. And it's okay. I've come to terms with it. And my neurosurgeon friend (everyone needs a neurosurgeon friend), who is the smartest person on the planet, discussed with me the pros and cons of .... hair color. Alas, it's time. Not that my hair color has anything whatsoever to do with neurosurgery, but it inspires a degree of confidence in this heretofore uncharted water. Besides. She bought me the box!


UPDATE: Uncle Del isn't too fond of this picture. He thinks he looks like a decrepit old man, and says he looks much better as a pirate!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Hair color?!? My goodness, no. It is not scary. Not one bit. And you do not know the meaning of the word old! There are not many things that I have on you, but age is for sure one. And you are in the total PRIME of your life! Happy Tomorrow to you.

Bonnie said...

Suzie, you are on the phone with my mom right now, but you will be one year older AZ (and UT) time in 2 hours. Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a lot of fun with Uncle Del, he's a tricky one. Careful. And I think he'd make a great pirate, any day of the week.

Spencer said...

You had jury duty twice in one year?? In Utah, once you're called for jury duty, you can't be called again for two years, even if they don't pick you to serve on the jury. I guess there's one good thing about living in Utah. (Racking my brain trying to think of a second...)

Suzie said...

Every TWO years in Utah? What's the real-estate market like up there?