May your day be filled with love, chocolate, hugs and kisses, and really good books! Here are a few of my favorite Valentine read-a-louds for kids of all ages...
Arthur's new secret admirer is showering him with love notes--and making his life miserable!
When I think of how I stalked poor Chris Patton in 4th grade... He loved me... he just didn't know it.
When Gilbert forges other students' names on some mean valentines, his trick is soon discovered and his classmates are angry.
Ah. Valentines gone away. I wrote "love, Suzie" on Chris Patton's valentine. Super small. Microscopic. How could he possibly ever see it? Who could have anticipated we were starting a mold unit, and there would be magnifying glasses on the back counter?!
An anonymous valentine changes the life of the unsociable Mr. Hatch, turning him into a laughing friend who helps and appreciates all his neighbors.
We love Mr. Hatch. I read this story every year. It's a great story lesson for helping children learn the importance of caring not only for their older neighbors, but being a friend to all.
We love Mr. Hatch. I read this story every year. It's a great story lesson for helping children learn the importance of caring not only for their older neighbors, but being a friend to all.
During a bedtime game, every time Little Nutbrown Hare demonstrates how much he loves his father, Big Nutbrown Hare gently shows him that the love is returned even more.
This is one of my absolute favorite stories.
...So that night the three baby bears asked their Daddy Bear,"Which one of us do you like the most? Who is your favorite? We can't all be the best." Although my children are grown, I keep both of these books prominently displayed on the shelf in my office at home. It's another simple daily reminder of that ultimate reassurance of how very much each one is loved. This book is a must for all parents and grandparents.


2 comments:
I love your book posts. And these Valentine ones are treasures. I also think it is vital that each child is loved for their individual differences. That is so important. Parenting is the best, I love it.
I love those valentine books. I remember reading them over and over (all the Arthur books, actually.) I don't know if I read those books more in my own home, or if I always read them in my mom's classroom.
Post a Comment