Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Spiderwick

It all started with a mysterious letter left at a tiny bookstore… Its closing lines: “We just want people to know about this. The stuff that has happened to us could happen to anyone.”

Seriously. Have you seen tiny footprints in dust? What about weird lights flickering in trees at night? Rings of mushrooms? Have you seen things moving out of corner of your eye? What about hearing footsteps when no one is around, or rustling in the walls? Music coming from under the ground or inside of a tree? Do your pets seem to attack or flee from things you cannot see? Do items disappear, only to reappear in a different location? Hmmm....

I don’t know about the movie (it opens tomorrow), but read the books. They’re not just for kids. I loved them.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I've never read those books before, and now there's this movie coming out... are they as good as the chronicles of narnia?

Suzie said...

Different. Certainly they aren't as epic, but they are a very quick read and really good.