(Of course there's always the public library. And who am I to suggest that's not a grand option? Library trips are always splendid ways to wile away an afternoon. But if you plan on purchasing these gems, you'll want to start looking for them soon.)

Donald O'Dell is a good-hearted man with no need for riches. When he saves the life of a leprechaun, he surprises the little man by refusing the leprechaun's offer of gold. The leprechaun is determined that Donald should receive the gold. Their battle of wills is a delightful story which ends happily for all and teaches children a lesson about true riches.
Be sure to use your best Irish accent when you read this story. (I do have a mean brogue, if I do say so myself.)

Patrick O'Kelley is a peddler who never tells the truth when a lie will do. When he boasts of his grand blarney-spouting abilities, the King of the Leprechauns decides to teach him a lesson.
I love this story. The lush illustrations are whimsical and a story unto themselves. This is a great story to enrich your family's St. Patrick's Day traditions!
No comments:
Post a Comment