Friday, July 18, 2008

Just kill me now...

Was pretty much what was going through our minds just about a year ago. And honestly? I've no idea how we survived the ordeal. Reenacting my ancestor's handcart trek at Martin's Cove was ... well...

Let me put it this way... when we came upon a young lad who'd been separated from his group ~ a bit worried, shaken, and trying to be brave, I immediately jumped to his rescue! (Okay, so I nearly knocked down the person next to me in my zeal to rescue the kid and take him back to base camp). Kind of me? Naw. (Well, if you insist.)
Actually... I was the one who was a bit worried, shaken, and trying to be brave! Thank goodness the Lord answers prayers! I couldn't have walked another step!! And I'm still recovering!
But honestly, I am grateful that they were so faithful and valient and courageous (and physically in shape... *cough*) to do this for us. I don't think I could have done it.

4 comments:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I don't know how you did it! I don't know if I could have done it then OR now!

Diane said...

I would do it again, seriously. But this time I would take better liquid on the hike. And maybe I would take some real cough drops for you. I love a road trip more than anything!

Suzie said...

Ohmygosh. I forgot about the cough drops. You're a scream.

Better liquid? Better than water? Diet Dr. Pepper?

Diane said...

I know. I just crack myself up sometimes.