Saturday, October 25, 2008

Less is More. (More or less)

Tucson is Halloween.

It's true. It's huge. Last year, my sister thought she was ready. "I have 100 pieces of candy," she claimed. They ran out. (of course they did!)

And living in a neighborhood like this, it's completely understandable! I'm not sure if even 1000 pieces will be enough!

I have never in my life seen a neighborhood so decked out for Halloween as this one...

And you should see it at night!

(pssst... I think that spider is real. This is Tucson, after all).

Every single house on the block.

Except for this one.
My sister's house.
Less really is more.
I think they'll probably only need 100 pieces of candy.

10 comments:

Diane said...

Aah!

She is right. (hanging my head in shame) We just haven't gotten into it quite to that extent. However..... this year I'll going to be ready for those kids, I will.

I'm buying 200 pieces of candy.

Suzie said...

yeah, and let me know how that works out for you.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

OH my heck you two are hysterical! Diane, can you put a string of lights or something out this year? Along with the 200 pieces of candy that is! LOL LOL You slay me...both of you! I LOVE IT!

Diane said...

Lights? Like Halloween ones? You guys certainly are not easily soothed, are you?

Well, the nails are already in place for Christmas...so...I guess I could. Suzie will never believe this!

Dave said...

Really, "...every single house on the block" is an exaggeration. More houses don't have decorations than do. We are part of the stogy majority. But the ones that are decorated are very cute. If Diane gets lignts, I will put them up.

Suzie said...

Oooooh Dave, Dave, Dave. Work with me here!

Bonnie said...

Meanwhile, Spencer and I bought appx. 100 pieces of candy last year, and we gave away... about 5. Apparantly, you need to turn on your patio light if you are in the business to give candy away. This year I'll be ready too. I'm expecting to give away about 20 pieces.

Suzie said...

now That's funny!

Diane said...

My friend Patti said that they get maybe 1 trick-or-treater a year.

Lucky.

Suzie said...

that Could be because Patti lives way up in the hills of tucson.... where there are probably mountain lions. and kids don't want to Be the halloween treat!