On my Bradford Pear tree...I love spring. It makes me want to plant stuff. Two of my iris bulbs are about to bloom. They're actually Papa's bulbs that he himself planted the first year we moved into this house. He laid out the entire yard as a matter of fact.
Every year on the morning the iris bloom, I make the boys come out to look at them. There I stand with my hands behind my back, gazing adoringly at what Spring has wrought, as they humor me and oooh and ahhh. It's occurred to me that this has all happened before. Many, many days I'd follow my dad out into the yard while he showed me a sprout or a bloom. I'd show the appropriate appreciation as he stood there gazing with pride at his garden.

3 comments:
These are truly beautiful! I would like to say that I want some but really, I would kill them. I know Papa is loving them.
are these pictures from your yard?
The tree is in my front yard. The iris are pictures taken from papa's backyard years ago, and are atually the parent bulbs to those he planted in my yard. I'll post pictures as soon as mine bloom. I used to have as many blue as white, but last year the white seemed to be taking over.
Post a Comment