Tuesday, March 4, 2008

So here's the thing...

I've got a diabetic dog. And the vet, bless him, tells me I need to get a urine sample. Are you even kidding me? So Shadow goes out to do her thing, and I'm ready. I've got gloves, a huge bowl, and a positive attitude. Have you ever tried to get a urine sample from a dog? So I casually follow her out on to the grass, which she thinks is weird in the first place, then as soon as she squats (sorry, but there's really no other word for it), I'm there with the bowl. She jumps up and looks at me like, "Excuse me?" Then she goes off a bit and tries again. And so do I. This time she turns around real fast and looks at me like, "Woman! Get a clue!" Then she tears off to the other side of the yard to finish, facing me directly (so she can keep an eye on me), and then races into the house like a bullet. I'm left standing in the yard with a big bowl, one drop of stuff, and a suspicious dog. I'm seriously not doing that again. Like she'd even let me. (And it's moments like these that make Diane grateful she convinced her kids all those years that she was allergic to dogs and cats).

6 comments:

Diane said...

I can't believe that you just said that! You know that I love Shadow and Katie. I'm thinking of you and just picturing what you are having to go through, collecting samples and all. (smiling...)

Suzie said...

And they love you too! :)
Katie was just saying the other day, how much she wished you were coming for another visit. If you can believe that.

Diane said...

I'm so easy. Just throw me a bone and I'm there!

Bonnie said...

Poor Shadow! She will probably not be comfortable doing her deed for a while! Poor you for having to follow your dog around with a bowl that had to be cleaned out by you!!

Suzie said...

Uh... that bowl? I threw it away!

Carrie said...

OH my goodness, I am sure that was the funniest sight for anyone who was watching, although not for you!!