Tuesday, March 11, 2008

To My Seven Readers...

I've decided to go into stealth mode. If you find you simply can't do without whatever it is that currently brings you back, let me know and I'll add you to my list of Seven Readers.

Until then, Peace, Love, and Bobby Sherman. ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suzie, can I be added as an eighth? - I still love Bobby Sherman!!! Stacy

Anonymous said...

Did you ever play "Here Come the Brides"? My best friend Julie and I used to dress up in her mother's box of fantastic old dresses with bustles and all - even a magnificent wedding dress with covered buttons from the back neck to the hip line. And we would button and unbottom each one. And of course we took turns being Candy! The loser of the day had to be Karen - Joshua Bolt's girlfriend. That was probably the most dramatic time in my life - 4th and 5th grade - when I told my mother I only lived to watch that show. And of course, the evil 'rents used that to punish me when need be - "You cannot watch Here Come the Brides" this week"!
-S.

Suzie said...

Oh Stacy, Stacy, Stacy. Finally someone who gets it.

(http://suztuz.blogspot.com/2007/11/cmon-get-happy.html)

Not only did I play Here Come the Brides, but years ago I video taped every single show without commercials and watched them obsessively. I have Bobby Sherman's records that were on the back of the Apple Jacks cereal boxes. And... he signed his book to me :"Suzie, Suzie, Suzie Do You Love Me?" Why yes, Bobby, yes I do.

Anonymous said...

My mom would not allow us to have apple jacks :( But she made up for it one day at the SuperX drug when I found his first album and almost fainted with delight - and she bought it for me and it was not my birthday!! Remember Easy Come Easy Go (the second album) folded out into a full size poster of Bobby wearing leather pants! Those were the days! Where did you find the old episodes of Here Come the Brides? It only ran for two years so it did not go into syndication.....

hanner said...

Sorry that I'm a bad commenter!

Suzie said...

Hannah: Ack! You're not a bad commenter! I hope people don't think I'm upset by lack of comments. I'm really not. It's more that I'm a little weirded out by all the people out there who apparently visit quite often,(I just installed Google Analytics and was shocked!) and I have no idea who they are. The world of blogging is much bigger than I realized. I really thought I had 7 readers -- all related to me, and checking the blog out of some sort of obligation! I figured that no one else really would care! But honestly, if someone really does want to visit my blog, I'll add them to the list -- even if they never comment. ;)
__________________________

S: Here Come the Brides was shown on some station about 15 or so years ago, quite regularly. I've still got the tapes, but no longer own a VCR. I did discover, however, that the first season is out on DVD!

sue said...

Hey Suz, I am so sorry I never post. To tell you the truth, I keep forgetting my password! I have way too many that I have to remember, but now I've written this one down!

So sorry but I can't comment on your book preferences. NOT MY THING!...or Bobby Sherman. I'm more of a Michael Feinstein kind of girl :)

Congratulations to Carrie! I wish I could be at the shower too!!!

XOXO