I purchased Leaf Man for the library to use as part of a fall unit with Kindergarten and first grade students and they absolutely love it. (And so do I!) This is a fun story to read and easily ties in to other fall activities, such as making your own Leaf Man!Now we just have to wait awhile for our weather to turn crisp and our leaves to turn colors…. I wonder if palm tree fronds would make a good leaf man? (I know they make great reindeer, but that's for another post!)

Here's another cute leaf project:
To make Foliage Friends, go outside and see what kinds of animals are hiding in your leaf piles. When you've found leaves in your yard whose shapes you like, glue them to pieces of paper and use pencil, pen or crayon to make your creatures complete.
3 comments:
I always had my class make leaf men in the Fall. Carrie's got the pattern for them now. I wonder if she is going to use it this year.
hmmm...that's a good question...I don't know!
HOW CUTE these are! thanks for the ideas!
Post a Comment