Doug is an amazing cook. He makes the best barbecued chicken ever. Last night he was adding more chicken to the grill, and called out over his shoulder, “Mom, watch my dinner for me, okay?”“Okay.” I wasn’t paying much attention. I mean, why do I need to watch his dinner? No one was in the kitchen. Besides. I was busy chopping something.
The next thing I know, I hear a horrified gasp and, “Katie! Mom! You said you’d watch my dinner!” And now I knew why. There was Katie, the-beast-of-the-world-cat, caught in the act with a piece of succulent barbecued chicken in her mouth.
Shadow got the rest of Doug’s chicken, I tried not to laugh, and Katie spent the next half hour licking her lips and washing her face right where Doug could see her. Apparently she thinks his chicken is pretty great too.
Tonight he’s grilling steaks. I’m locking the cat in a bedroom upstairs.
4 comments:
I can just picture it all. I've been there when Doug has said, "Please watch the food." I am so sorry.
This will give Katie and Shadow ever MORE incentive to hang arond the kitchen.
Shadow has more reason than ever... she got some amazing steak tonight. But unlike the cat, she sits and waits like a perfect puppy until you set it before her.
Yes, those animals sometimes think we are cooking for them! Glad to hear that the cat will be locked up tonight!
Poor Katie. She was just hungry!
Post a Comment