Thursday, November 13, 2008

Shakin' and Quakin'

Today our school had an earthquake drill.
We were having a "7.8".
I did not duck and cover.
Besides, there was no one in the library.
(I made sure of that).
Kari, the speech teacher, sat with me while we waited.

And filed her nails.
The principal started walking from the office at 9:40.
She made it to the blacktop at 10:05.

(She has a bad back).
The quake 'hit.'
The secretary in the office had a hard time reading her card over the loud speaker.
She couldn't pronounce "personnel."
Kari and I took our red backpacks so we’d be EC (earthquake correct).
We noticed Mrs. Purcar, had Maxi Pads in her red backpack.
For 10 minutes, we discussed the possible reasons why.

Mrs. B had to go to the bathroom.
I suggested she talk to Mrs. Purcar.
Mrs. Sars’ kids told Ms. Kinney, “Our teacher is missing!”

To which she replied, “Okay. Come with me.”
She never looked for Mrs Sars.
Ms. Kinney is just “like that” sometimes.
I told Mrs. Sars to buck up.

After all, she got to ride on a stretcher.
Kari and I took folding chairs to the field.
We weren't standing for an hour.
We also took magazines.
The time simply flew.

4 comments:

Diane said...

I wish I had been there for the drill. Fun things always happen at Susan B.

Anonymous said...

Diane is right... fun things always happen at Susan B. I wish I would have been there to read magazines with you and to laugh at everyone. We were outside for no longer then 5 minutes! PS My guess is that the pads are for serious injuries, you know the real gushers! LOL

Anonymous said...

That was from Amanda by the way

Diane said...

Hi there, Amanda, I hear that you are one of the the best.